Friday, May 29, 2009

Blogging from Singapore


Rev. Fr. Fundes Motiung (standing, left) with some of the pilgrims from Sabah on transit at the Singapore Airport. "Yoku Boti !"


Staff of Maxis Kota Kinabalu celebrating Harvest Festival over the weekend in conjunction with their Open House. Aramaiti!

As you are aware, I have not blogged for quite sometime.

Now that I finally got to doing it, guess where I am blogging from? Changi Airport in Singapore!

I am part of a 32-member entourage on a 2-week pilgrimage to Turkey (Trail of St Paul). This is in conjunction with the Year of St Paul which ends in June, so just in time.

The pilgrims are led by Rev. Fr. Fundes Motiung, the Rector of the Stella Maris Church in Tanjung Aru near Kota Kinabalu. The trip is arranged by Faith Tours of Singapore, that's why we are departing from Singapore.

We left Kota Kinabalu by Silk Air late this morning. Arrived after lunch on board. Have to transfer our luggage from Terminal 2 to Terimanal 1, a bit tiring and frustrating. Luckily there is this thing called Skytrain.

Will only leave for Istanbul tonight; so we have something like a few hours doing nothing at the airport. A bit boring and tiring. Some of the entourage are already napping as I write. Waiting, it is said, is one of the most boring things on earth. However, considering that it's a pilgrimage, no matter how tired also worth-it.

My return to blogging, after weeks, take place as we depart for a pilgrimage to Turkey. I take this as a good sign. Hopefully it will give me the inspiration and motivation to blog more regularly from now on. Remember my New Year Resolution? Ha ha ha.

Ya, I purposely brought along my mini netbook or netbook so I can blog from Turkey, hopefully every night before bed time and assuming that the hotels will have FREE Wi-Fi. Afterall, it's not every day (for that matter every year) that we go for a pilgrimage.

But why Turkey, some of you may ask. Well, we have two weeks ahead of us and I don't want to spoil the soup now. But the title Trail of St Paul speaks for itself. We will arrive in Istanbul tomorrow morning and catch a connecting domestic flight to Adana where our real journey begins. Hope to be able to blog from the hotel at Antioch tomorrow night.

That's all for now folks and thanks for visiting. By the way, since I'm travelling, here's wishing you an early Harvest Festival. This is the 2nd time I'm overseas during Kaamatan (Harvest). The first was in 1980 when I was in US attending a Communications Conference. Do enjoy yourselves but please don't drink and drive. The last thing I want to hear is I have lost a friend. (Palis2)

KOTOBIAN TADAU TAGAZO DO KAAMATAN!

Boleh bah kalau kau!

Yoku Boti !

No comments: