Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happiness is.....(Part 4)

Happiness is....well, simply being bald! After all, as the Chinese are very fond of saying, 9 men out of 10 would be rich. The only problem is, I am still at No. 10 - being a wage earner!

For a long time now, I have been the subject of jokes (even abuse at times) by friends (some so-called) due to my bald head. Depending on how much I need that friend, sometimes I of course tell him/her off if the joke is overboard.

As people say, if you don't love yourself, who would? If you don't respect yourself, who would? I suppose one can do without a friend or two who abuse you or who think they are more superior than you anyway. Friends joke but even jokes have limit, mind you. To quote the late Datuk Felix Golingi, "I would not use my position/power to put people down, but neither would I allow people to use their position/power to put me down".

Then, on Sunday 25 October 2009, I read what perhaps was the best 'defence' of a bald head! Management guru and author Ken Blanchard who is bald hit it right on top of the nail when he said: "God only made a few perfect heads, the rest He covers with hair." (See picture above)

I read the quote in Borneo Post in a feature article written by Phyllis Wong aka Yan. Phyllis is a senior journalist and as Yan is also a blogger (http://yanonsecondthought.blogspot.com)

Among Ken's books are One Minute Manager. He is also a religious man, having written Lead Like Jesus, among others. In fact, Phyllis met the management guru at a Lead Like Jesus seminar in Singapore in October. To read Phyllis' full article on her encounter with him, either go to the archive/library and get a copy of Oct 25 issue of the Borneo Post or simply go to her blog and search her archive.

One up for the bald!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good evening, Mr Sikmading,

I read your blog about the double six air crash with great interest.

I would like to ask you something specific and wonder whether there is way to communicate via email with you? I am sending this request from Bielefeld / Germany.

Thanks in advance,
Alexandra