Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh's Appointment confirmed!

Last Sunday, I wrote that academician Dr Oh Ei Sun has been appointed Political Secretary to the Prime Minister; the first Sabahan to hold such prestigous post.

A Bernama report today said an official in the Prime Minister's Department has confirmed the appointment, effective June 16.

Congratulations, Dr Oh. You have done Sabah proud.

As a fellow Sabahan, there is only one thing I humbly ask of you: Don't let success gets to your head and don't 'kacang lupa kulit' (the peanut forgetting its skin). I have worked since 1973 and have seen too many people changed too quickly, just because they are given some power.

I would also like to quote someone: "Be nice to people on your way up because you are going to meet the same people on your way down." Again, I have witnessed this many times over the last few decades - ex-leaders being ignored by people when they become nobody. Some were even cursed or made fun of.

No comments: