Thursday, July 3, 2008

Solution to Rising Scool Bus Fares?


As we all know, the recent steep fuel price increase has had an effect on practically the prices of everything else in Malaysia in general and Sabah in particular. This includes school bus fares.

I was reading a local Chinese newspaper in the coffeeshop this morning when I saw an article of a parent of pupils saying: " We pity the school bus owner, but who to pity us?" In the same article, of course, the school bus operators explained that they had no choice but to raise the fares for otherwise they may as well stop driving the buses.

When I returned to the office and checked my e-mail after breakfast, low-and-behold!, I found a mail with the above photograph. Solution to the expensive school bus fares? It is said that necessity is the mother of invention.

Thanks to Cyril M who e-mailed the pix to my friend who in turn forwarded it to me.

Click on the image for a larger view.

No comments: