Saturday, July 5, 2008

Maya Karin to Wed



German-Indonesian beauty Maya Karin Roelcke, 29, is to tie the knot on Aug 14 with Muhammad Ali 'Steven' Abdullah, 38, a Mathematics teacher of British origin at Alice Smith International School, Kuala Lumpur.

This piece of news will undoubtedly lay to rest speculation and rumour about her marrying an expatriate , which have been going on for the last few months.

The wedding ceremony, to be held in Milan, Italy includes a simple outdoor 'akad nikah' ceremony followed by a dinner reception. This will be followed by another wedding reception in Kuala Lumpur on Aug 29.

Muhammad Ali, who was also known as Steven David Shorthose, has been residing in Malaysia for the last 12 years. The couple met about 7 years ago.

According to Maya, they met after she attended several meetings at the private school where Steven was teaching, as her sister, Irina Melati and brother Amrin studied there.

"Steven and I get along really well. He takes good care of me and knows how to make me laugh.

"Steven has all the qualities I want in a man."

Maya and her family will be leaving for Italy on Aug 6.

The actress' German father, Gottfried Roelcke, a Hanoi-based town planner, is due to join the 20-member entourage comprising family members and relatives.

"I am just as exited as any bride but I don't intend to dwell too much on the wedding preparation."

On her plans after the wedding, Maya said she would continue acting.

"I love my job. Steven has been very understanding. I foresee only minor changes in my life later."

Source: New Straits Times, 5 July 2008.

My Say: This piece of news also put to rest all previous speculations and rumours surrounding Maya, including those which said that she was linked to this VIP, that celebrity and so on. But I suppose having been an artiste for so long, Maya by now must be immuned to all these. After all, what would an artiste's life be without rumours and speculations? In any case, it's her life. She has every right to live it as she likes. It can't be worse than Hollywood.

No comments: