Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Euro Cup Fever 2008


What are some of the crazy things football fans are willing to do to support their teams? Well, the above is an example.

No need for me to elaborate too much, as a picture paints a thousand words. Suffice for me to say that these two girls or ladies are supporters of the French team which met Romania on June 9 at the Letzigrund Stadium in Zurich.

I mean, even in previous World Cup matches, it was common to see football fans having their faces painted or dance in their traditional costumes. But having their stomachs painted and lifting their shirts for all to see? I wonder what they would do next!

I am sure the men don't mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's just lifting up their shirts... there are those out there who would strip naked and run around the field... during a match! haaha... right?

Mr Sikmading said...

Thank you Arms. That was what I meant when I said "I wonder what they would do next" and "I am sure the men don't mind"; except I didn't want to make it so obvious.

I remember in a previous World Cup, a top German model offered to take off a piece of her clothing for each goal scored by the German soccer team. She would then be photographed and appear on the frontpage of Bild, a popular German newspaper. I lost touch though how many piece of clothing she had to take off!

Gordon Chin said...

Yes ArMs, i remember that day very well. Hahaha. As i recall, that mad fellow repeat his antics quite a few times on the same match!