Friday, June 20, 2008

Remembering Tim Russert (1959-2008)

Tim Russert, one of America's best-known TV hosts, died June 13 from a heart attack. He was buried on June 18 and the fact that President Bush and Barack Obama attended his funeral spoke volume for his popularity or influence.

The late Tim was host of Meet The Press, NBC's popular programme not to be missed by any serious politician or perhaps even presidential hopefuls of USA. Tim,whose popularity and influence as a TV host was second perhaps only to Larry King of CNN, was also NBC News Washington Bureau Chief.

But Tim is my favourite. I prefer watching him than Larry. This is because he let the person he interviewed take center stage and didn't try to do anything to change that. He also seemed to be more humble and affable than Larry. Less cocky too. If I do watch Larry, it's more because of the person/s he is interviewing. No offence meant, Larry.

I was saddened by the news of his death and my heart goes out to his wife and son. I am also sad that I will not be able to watch him again.

(Credits: Bloggaman of Bloggaville)

No comments: