Sunday, June 22, 2008

My 100th Post!

Time flies. About a week or two ago, I realized that I have been blogging for almost a year now. My exact 1st anniversary will be July 15.

When I realized that, my record (Google) showed that I had uploaded about 85 posts or something like that. My record (Sitemeter) also showed that I had a total of about 4,000 visitors so far at that time. Although the visitors record may not be 100% accurate, it is nevertheless a guide.

These figures are obviously not that of a serious or full-time blogger. By right, had I uploaded at least one post a day, I would have achieved a total of over 300 posts since last year.

I then told myself, or rather challenged myself, that by July 15 I must have a total of 100 blogs and 5,000 visitors. At least for a start, I told myself. After that, the target would be 100 blogs in 3 months and not one year! In other words, an average of a post a day with a bonus of 10 posts over 3 months. As for the number of visitors, that would be beyond my control but if I can have 5,000 visitors in 3 months instead of one year for a start, that would be great!

Because of this challenge that I placed upon myself, I have been blogging like there's no tomorrow for the last one or two weeks. To the extent that I had no time to check my records. (Bini pun marah kerana lambat tidur!)

A short while ago, after uploading my last post (Sabahans, Vote for One Nation Emcees Tonite), for curiousity's sake I checked my records. Yahoo, (not Yahoo!) I finally, without realising, reached my 100th post. As for the visitors' record, at last count it had hit past 4,900. Meaning only a matter of time (should be well before July 15) to achieve the target of 5,000 visitors.

Having achieved that, my next target would now be my next 100 posts which hopefully will be acheved in 3 months' time. I now realise that you can't be a successful blogger if you blog only when you feel like it. There needs to be consistency. If not once a day, at least once in 2 days in order not to lose your readership.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank God and you, my brothers and sisters for visiting my blog and coming back, some again and again although some of my postings may be boring. Without you, my blog would have 'close shop' long ago.

I promise to be more consistent from now on. But in order not to bore you, it may not be Sabah politics or history all the time. As I said the other day, give me a break, so that once in awhile I may want to blog on things that have noting to do with Sabah or Malaysia or Borneo or politics or government. Sometimes it may be about Obama and the American election. Sometimes it may be about Hollywood or Bollywood or whatever wood (including Tiger Wood).

Once again, thank you very much. Please visit my blog again and may God bless you always; whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you are, whatever your race or religion.

I would like to end by quoting Briton John Wesley, founder of the Methodist Church who said: "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation... hahaha Tahniah tahniah

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having achieve the first milestone!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I should take stock more - one of my blogs got more than 1,000 posts already. The challenge now is to break that average 1,000 unique visitors per day barrier.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS.

BAH BILA LAGI, NFACT IF NOT YOU I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO GO TO SOME INTERESTING BLOG SPOT AND NOW I ALSO GILA BLOG EVERY NIGHT. HOPEFULLY I CAN ALSO SET UP MY OWN BLOG. SOON, MAYBE WITH YOUR HELP. SO KEEP THE NEWS COMING OTHERWISE NANTI SYA LUPA VISIT KAU PUNYA BLOG. GOD BLESS.